Should it be the mothers choice only?

Should your SO have a say if his child should be breastfed or formula fed? What if you dont want to breastfeed and he wants you 2? Is it really a 2 parent choice?
I think it should only be up to the mother and what she wants to do..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• well your boobs so if you dont want to then I think that is the end of it. you shouldnt be forced or guilted into a choice you dont want either way. if you do want to, again, your boobs. he will have to get over it if he doesnt like it. if he doesnt see the benefit then he needs to re think parenting a bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• You should talk about it and decide together. Thats one of the things that should be discussed before you plan a child.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• This is not about me.. Its just a question and GUESS WHAT i have 2 children planned..But When men can brestfeed then they have a say
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I can't imagine a man having a really strong opinion either way, but I guess it happens in some families. Personally, my husband hadn't given the issue much thought until I brought it up. When I explained why I wanted to breastfeed, he was totally supportive.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• What is it today with the touchy ANONs.....holy smokes......chill out.

I cannot imagine having this discussion with my DH and he is the best co-parent on the planet. What possible reason could a man have to invested in this question? It's not like he can provide an alternative to formula - and it's not like he has the ability to BF.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• The question SHOULD be what is best for the baby. Then, since the mother HAS to be the one doing the BF, it should be her decision. I really think that mom's should BF though. That is my opinion and what I did. Now, if the shoe is on the other foot and the father does NOT want the baby BF, no, I don't think that he has any say in it and I didn't let my kids' fathers have any say in the matter. I knew it was the best thing for my children so that is what I did!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I think it's great the father wants you to breastfeed. he sounds like a smart guy who wants the best for you child. it is the best thing to do for your child. I think he should have some input, it's his child just as much as it's yours. at least try it before you decide. you may realize it's better than you think, plus every day your baby gets your milk is a better day.
    Anonymous

• We decided together. My husband and make all decisions together could be why we are so happy and he is so involved with our son. I did not try to alienate him from his son like most moms do.

Anonymous

• i wouldn't want to disrespect my husbands ideal and tell him to shut up. i would just say that i appreciate what he thinks but in the end he needs to realize that the choice really lies souly with you. although we know i would only breast feed cause it's so beneficial not to mention cheaper.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• its your tits not his. So let him know to take a hike and u can handle this on your own.
    My Hubby wanted me to breastfeed. All I did was look at him like he was crazy. He knew where I was coming from
    Anonymous