What is a good sling/carrier for a newborn?

I have a Mei Tai which I used for my son which I loved except he was too small to use it right away. I started using it with him when he could keep his head up. I want something for a newborn baby though that will support the head, be comfy and will offer discreet breastfeeding. Any recommendations?

chrissy12507

Asked by chrissy12507 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I loved the maya wrap for a newborn. I could hold him in differant positions and it has a built in cover for those awkard just learning to nurse times in public.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• when he was first born I LOVED my hot sling...we lived in a high rise in downtown nashville so we walked everywhere. It was so comfy for both of us...now that he's bigger we usually use our baby bjorn which is awesome as well
    amy_sue84

Answer by amy_sue84 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have a maya adjustable pouch I used for my daughter when she was little, then switched to a mei tai. I will be using the wrap again. Unfortunately, they no longer make them, but sometimes you can find them on ebay. The adjustable pouch uses zippers, which I love because the ring slings always kind of slipped with the weight of the baby and I'd have to keep re-adjusting them, plus the fabric would always bunch up on my shoulders and be uncomfortable. The fabric on the pouch stayed spread out much better on my shoulder so I never had that problem.
    GothyMama

Answer by GothyMama at 1:03 AM on Feb. 12, 2009