Another Obama appointee going down.....

Obama is wanting to appoint this Geithner guy as secretary to the treasury. ONe of his MANY jobs would be to oversee the IRS. The problem.....
As a result of a 2006 audit, Geithner paid $16,732 in back taxes and penalties for the 2003-2004 period. Just before he was nominated, the Obama team found that he had failed to pay Social Security and Medicare taxes for the 2001-2002 period as well. Geithner ended up paying to the IRS $25,970 in back taxes and penalties for a total of $42,702 in late payments.
So the Obama people want to "spread my limited wealth" around but a guy they are putting in gets away with paying NO taxes for 2 years and being in arears a couple of times!? I get one honest mistake for the average joe, but NOT for the guy who is supposed to be in charge of it all! Do ya'll think he will be or should be confirmed?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/14/geithner-confirmation-complicated-tax-woes/

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• For the people who hate Fox news....here is the CNN link

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/14/transition.wrap/index.html

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Personally, I think it was his hair that did him in.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I think it is interesting that the man Obama has selected to OVERSEE the IRS, didn't pay his taxes. Then when he was audited he still didn't pay immediately. Whatever. This is the change.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Obama's mom almost lost her house because she didn't pay them either. Looking for link looking for link.......
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Wow, so if we go by a 'lead by example' theory, NO TAXES!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Seriously though, if he is that much of a crap-shoot with his own taxes, then he should find a position more suitable to his talents. That's all I'm gonna say.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• It is amazing he picked someone who was a tax dodger. I am sure we will see more of this.
    Anonymous

• Everyone makes mistakes but that is a biggie....I don't hink he should be appointed. There must be someone else he can appoint.
    TonyaSuzanne

Answer by TonyaSuzanne at 12:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• So this is Why the liberal elite DO NOT mind higher taxes... They Avoid them!
    Anonymous

• So what a draft dodger got elected and sent a whole lot of people to war. Gotta love Politics. Not every body pays their taxes on time. Alot of people lie to get more back.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 1:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• no shocker there, this is only the beginning
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2009