I need some advice!!

My grandma picks up my 2 children 2 days a week from daycare while im in school. I have a 7 month old and a 2 year old. My grandpa goes to strap in my 7 month old and has a hard time so he just straps on what he can and has my grandma sit in the back to watch her. I am completely against this and dont know how to get her to do it right. I have told her many times and she keeps doing it. She has done it 2 times already. Does anyone have any advice please I want my kids safe. She says that they are uncomfortable in the seats cause my daughter cries but i would rather them be safe than comfortable. I have showed them many times on how to loosen the straps to get them in but they dont seem to do it i guess. Any Ideas will help!!!

kaylie_08

Asked by kaylie_08 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take them into a police station and have the officers talk to them. Then take the seats out of the car and have them practice in the living room in front of you. Annoying for them? Yes. Treating them like children? Yes. But this is the LAW and they are breaking it. And it is a large safety factor. Sure, their kids survived just fine - we also survived lead paint but we don't use it anymore.

It does NOT matter if anyone is in the backseat to "watch" them. Many, many children have died because mom (or grandma) could not hold onto them in an accident. That little body that weighs next to nothing will be far to heavy to hold in an car crash.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• let them know if they get pulled over and the kids arent in the seat right they can get arrested and your kids can get taken away for endangerment
    Anonymous

• You need to protect your kids. Obviously your grandparents aren't going to do it. Either talk to someone at the daycare about doing it for them, or stop letting your grandparents pick them up. Either way, counting on them to do is not working.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2009