How do you get rid of moles?

We live on base and they don't seem to care that our yards are full of mole holes. How do I keep them out off my yard?

Soniam301

Asked by Soniam301 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• moles like eating grubs, if you have a major grub problem then you'll have a lot of moles. The only thing I've found that works for us is treating our lawn for grubs that seemed to make a lot of the moles disappear.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 11:58 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Lowes or home depot should sell, these spicks that you stick in the ground. they are battery operated. They make a sound that the mole don't like. The moles will go to your neighbors yard. LOL

Answer by louise2 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I don't care where they go, I just don't want them in mine! My nieghbors can take care of their own mole issue! LOL
    THANKS!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• castor oil lawn spray
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Take detergent or bleach jugs and cut sides out make like windmills put on a very short post the wind will cause the jug to make noise that causes the moles to move on they won't like the noise that jugs make. My grandparents used those on our farm and we never saw mole runs after that were put outside. at least four. Make them as low to the ground as you can but up high enough they can turn. you can decorate them to make them more attractive. Sounds weird I know but I know it works!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 2:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• a friend of mine uses an OLD german remedy... very grose! pour pee down their holes. yeah I know grose but it works.
    lovemykampe

Answer by lovemykampe at 12:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• You can buy this at your local hardware store or home improvement store.Buy poision peanuts,just drop them in the holes.make sure they are dropped all the way in,so your kids don't pick them up.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2009