I need help I work fulltime @ a company Monday thru Friday 8-5. I just found out that we might be getting laidoff need to find something to do from my home. I want a real job not the fonny one they advertise online.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• VIPdesk.com
    TeleTech.com
    Liveops.com

There companies are hiring home based customer care reps. There are so many other work at home jobs that you can try according to your educational qualification and work exp. You can also try writing articles for www.ehow.com and www.bukisa.com

www.workathomedesk.com is a free resource for those who like to work at home. Check out their directory and job leads sections.
    Vickykool

Answer by Vickykool at 12:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Be careful in your search. Talk to people who have worked for the company before you join, and never pay for information. I work for a few good ones, you can read my reviews  at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• To VICKIKOOL;
    Tell me about those websites you just listed. What exactly do you do working for these?
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I tried all those listed above and the waiting list is high, now I don't recommend anything that has you fill out survey's. A neighbor just told me how her sister got scammed. She sat and worked from home completing surveys and when the check came in she was excited. The check was for $900 and she went to one bank and they wouldn't cash it and finally the last bank she went to told her the check was fake. So she worked for nothing.
    Have you considered direct sales? I work for a great company. I don't cold call, I don't have inventory and I get paid to be creative. visit my site to learn more. wwww.craftycreations.stampinup.net
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 12:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Hey Hun!
    I am so sorry to hear that!!!! I was laid off last February (almost a year ago). No fun at all. I just wanted to invite you to check out my page. I work from home with Ameriplan® and love it. Let me know if I can help you out in any way!
    Talk to you soon!
    ~ Emily ~
    mammaemily

Answer by mammaemily at 12:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I am a SAHM and also a tastefully simple consultant and love it!!! Im never worried about losing my "job" because it is food, and everyone needs to eat. PM me if you want more info it's free to join in the month of January!!
    sammiemommy

Answer by sammiemommy at 12:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I would head over to www.wahm.com boards. I am a frequent poster there and believe you can get sound advice from people who are in your shoes.

I also have a home based business...Does not sound like you are looking for a business but a JOB.

If you would like to ask questions about working from home, I telecommuted and I am 3 plus years with a company in addition.

Try not to worry ok!
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 1:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• have you tried things like dog walking/sitting? or being a nanny?
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 2:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I work from home with Scentsy and it has been great! If you want more info visit my profile or PM me! Wish you all the best!
    bdba673

Answer by bdba673 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Really, a work from home job is VERY hard to find. This is why most people that work from home a home business. A home business will take time and dedication to build but as your business grows, so does your paycheck. Do you research because there are companies that hire people to work from home but IF they are hiring, you will have to apply and like the other poster said the waiting list is soooo long and there will be thousands of people applying for the same job. I hope you find what you are looking for and let me know if I can help you with anything!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 7:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2009