workout help

anyone know any good things to do at the gym like wieghts or cardio or something. i feel so lost when i get there that i end up doing the elipictical machine or walking around the track.

lmaines22

Asked by lmaines22 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Does your gym have trainers? It may be worth paying for one session so they can put together a work out that will be really effective for you.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Hi-

I am a personal trainer and have experienced that most gyms have a person who is there to show you around and put you on some of the basic equipment, and some will even give you a basic written workout to follow. This will help take the "edge" off your uneasiness. You can also ask if there is a personal trainer you can hire either for a1-3 sessions or ongoing, depending on your level of comfort and if you can afford it. A personal trainer will charge anywhere from $40-$80 per session, depending on the marketplace.

Hope this helps.
    Lorri4Health

Answer by Lorri4Health at 12:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• We do surge training- get on a treadmill or even do it at home - walk for 5 minutes, then run HARD for one minute, go back to walking, then run again. Do a 5 min/1min intervals for a total of 30 minutes. You'll see some results.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 2:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have been a personal trainer for three years, and something I suggest to clients is to get a subscription to a fitness magazine. It's not more than usually more than $15- $20 and you get new workouts and advice monthly. Some of my favorites are "Women's Health" and "Oxygen". Otherwise, you could go to http://gyminee.com where they have free workouts and you can create a profile and connect with others.
    Mindy418

Answer by Mindy418 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my gym does have people to help but you have to sign up for it and since it is the new years it is really full and they cant see me until the 27th
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2009