Do you think this is acceptable?

We are spraying pesticides in Columbia-Ecuador to kill the coca plants and slow the flow of cocaine into the US. The problem is that it is hurting the local people, animals and vegitation.

Do you believe it is ok for us to harm people in other countries because we have a drug problem?

http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=38067

Friday

Asked by Friday at 11:57 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope.
    MsCreant

Answer by MsCreant at 11:58 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• No. but then I don't think it's gonna help to spray anyway. Those who do things illegally ALWAYS find a way!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have no problem with it. sorry if they don't wnat this then don't import that crap here. and yes I do all I can to protect the environment but In this case I'm going to go with you win some you loose some.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Well how the hell are we doing that in another country? I don't think we are doing it, it's just being acknowledged and it's not going to stop and yes it's wrong to harm others.

Anonymous

• They will just find another place to grow the plants. I think spraying is just a band aide and chasing the drug lords around is like a cat and mouse game. We just need to figure out a better way of keeping it out of our country at our borders. Harming the locals by spraying chemicals to kill the plants is really sad and obviously not solving the problem. My drug addicted sister is proof....for the past 13 years living on the street and in random crack houses..she's had no problem finding the stuff. Of course, she's in prison right now so she's having a hard time finding it now -I hope!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I'm almost ok with it.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• We have a drug problem - THEY have the drugs.

Perhaps the good people of those countries should rise up and say WE WILL STOP GROWING THESE PLANTS........

There you go - no spraying needed!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 12:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• You know...they are not only killing coca trees but other crops that the United States benefits from. Like fruit and vegetables oh and the cocoa tree...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• anon 9:01, I posted an article, we are doing it with the approval of their govt but I have to wonder how much we paid them.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• nope, I am very against using pesticides in such a callous manner. If it is harming the local environment there is going to be hell to pay in the future. It kills me people think this is an answer.
    Hartless

Answer by Hartless at 12:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009