Persecuted, really?

I have noticed a couple of comments on other posts and was wondering. Do the Christians in this country really feel persecuted?
The majority in the US are Christian, most of our political leaders are, Christmas is a national holiday. Besides having people disagree with you and wanting you to keep your religion to yourself how are you persecuted?
Has any Christian here ever been told they could not worship in private or at their church?

I don't think others believing differently than you and not wanting your beliefs enforced as law or treated as more valid than theirs is persecution.

Friday

Asked by Friday at 11:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Here we go.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• It's a serious and legitimate question. I could be missing something and be enlightened.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• O for the love of crap...I am with akin
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Run

akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• popcorn

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 12:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have never heard anyone say this except for Fundamentalists...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Actual born again Bible believing Christians make up a tiny percent of the population. Many attend church but that does not make them a Christian. Unless one has accepted Christ into their heart they are not saved. There are churches filled with people who will go to hell someday. Many churches today are Seeker friendly or Emergent churches and never teach that one has to be saved to be with God. So most Americans are not Christians and call those of us who are crazies. That is OK with me. I don't mind the weird looks when we pray in a restaurant. I don't mind the moms not talking to me at the school because my Jesus germs might spread to them. I have great born again friends and a few friends who are actually tolerant of my beliefs that I hang out with. Life is good.

Anonymous

• i think we get persecuted by other religions not by the government or other groups. as a mormon i know we do for our beliefs.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• melody how do you get persecuted? Are you being burn at the stake? jailed? has anyone forbiden you from praying in your church? in your home?
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i have to agree with the statement that the majority of americans are not christians or even of christian faith. Its a very small percentage and getting smaller. we did a census on it in our county and it was astounding how many people aren't even affliated with anything its higher than the people that are. The fact of the matter is we aren't the ones suffering Jesus already did that by dying on the cross for our sins. We know nothing of real suffering. Christians are certainly persecuted for standing firm in their faith and believing in Christ no doubt about that but we live in a country were we are free to worship freely unlike alot of other countries that can't. We truly are blessed in that way and we take it for granted everyday.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2009