How do I help with gas?

My son is on enfamil Lipil and he is really gassy is there another formula anyone would recommend that doesn't cause so much gas?

brosie22

Asked by brosie22 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tried Enfamil Lipil and it did that to my son too. So switched to Enfamil Gentlease and that seems to work a lot better. (He's been on it for about a month now and its all A-Ok!)
    I tried Enfamil Prosobee and that made him worse (as soybeans naturally will!)
    But definitely try Mylicon gas drops. You can even put it in every bottle that your son drinks if his gas is very bad. (It says that its safe for every feeding on the Mylicon bottle!)
    And also try burping him after every ounce or so.

And last but not least you can do little exercises with his feet. Pull his knees up to his chest slowly over and over again. It helps get the gas out VERY well.

I've had gas problems with my little Ayden since I brought him back to my house and its finally getting better so try all of those things and I'm sure it will get better for you too!!!
    Good luck!
    MandyAshley

Answer by MandyAshley at 8:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Nestle Good Start Supreme with DHA and ARA is the BEST!!!
    It helps with Gas, Fussiness, Colic and more. Give that fomula a try. Also you can get some infant gas drops called Mylicon. Its safe from Newborn on up.
    Anonymous

• maybe its the bottle... sometimes its not the formula that makes the baby gassy have u tried drop-ins?
    TannaDunlap

Answer by TannaDunlap at 9:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Three options.
    1. Mylicon, it's a a dropper medicine that relieves gas.
    2. Gripe Water, it's the same gist. Dropper medice to relieve gas but it's a homeopathic herbal supplement.
    3. Simililac with soy. It may be that your little one has a milk sensitivity. If you switch to the soy formula it takes care of gass, fussiness, and spit-up. The only thing that bummed me out about it, is it is smelly in comparision to other formula.
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 10:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My 5 month still suffers. Since he was 1 month old he took metoclopramide, it work but there are side effects that my doc didn't tell me, nothing that won't go away. He had muscle spams and couldn't nurse well, it looked like he was shaking his head saying no. I stopped the medecine. I think he's better off suffering than having God knows what else. It's hard, I know. Try caring him on the horizontal his belly on yours, across ur belly. Heating pads, but watch for the temperature so it's not too hot. Rub his belly clock wise and the push his legs in, or for fun do it like him pedaling bike. It's horrible to see him suffer like that. Good luck and hope his guardian angel'll make him feel better.
    papai

Answer by papai at 11:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I also have an extreme diet: no cafeine, carbonated drinks, green vegetables, eggs, citric fruits, berries, dairy, chocolate or carob. That's all I can think of right @ this moment. I didn't like soy drink so I'm doing the rice drink, it's pretty good, it's sweet, and I sub smart balance for butter. Hope this'll help.
    papai

Answer by papai at 12:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2008