Perms for african american hair.

whats a really good perm for black hair. I usually use dark and lovely or supreme. but they just don't give me the bounce i want. i need help i have thick hair and it needs to be tamed.

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 12:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I thought for black hair it did the opposite of white hair? To relax it? Maybe google and see if you can get more info?
    Anonymous

• Most black woman use the term "perm" when referring to a permanent relaxer. I have had success with Affirm, and Vitale personally. I have only heard recently to stay away from Motions and Dr. Miracles. As a young girl from the age of 14 I have been told to stay very far from Dark and lovely relaxers!! Good luck
    flydivamomof3

Answer by flydivamomof3 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I use ORS Regular relaxer...but for "texlaxing" only.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 12:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have had very good luck with Tcb. I usually use African pride. thats prety good also
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 3:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2009