My son is an EXTREMELY picky eater...

The Only things my 2 yrs old son likes to eat are bananas, crackers, cheese, and chips...the Dr. Says he'll eventually grow out of it, but It been like this since I took him off the bottle at 13 months. I can't even get him to try anything new, he just turns his head and says "no mommy, its yucky" any advice? He won't even try ice cream!

Nicholeb211

Asked by Nicholeb211 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've been reading up on avocados. They are nutritionally and calorie dense.

http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/avocado-baby-food.html

Good for picky eaters, a little goes a long way.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• You can find healthy options for crackers and chips. Sweet potato chips. There's a brand foodshouldtastegood they make healthy chips. Don't count on him to just change, just keep introducing new foods. Repeat foods he didn't care for, sometimes they come around. In the end he can't eat crap food if you don't give it to him.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• " In the end he can't eat crap food if you don't give it to him. " This is very true, but I don't want him to be hungry
    Nicholeb211

Answer by Nicholeb211 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Just consistanlty introduce the new foods.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 12:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• really kids are picky eater because parents let them be my son try the some times and i just let him get hungry all day and he get hungry he eat anything i put on his plate i know it sound like a bad mother but is for their own health a kid need to eat vegetable fruits and i dont think he is getting all nutrients just from those he is eating just put your food down and tell him he has to eat and the it probably he go without eating all day but dinner in sure he would eat

Anonymous

• Your child won't go hungry. If you stop offering the junk food (not that the stuff you are offering is junk, some is quite healthy!!) then he will eat something else. Like the person above wrote, if he is hungry, he will eat what you give him.

Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Also, you could give him options of what he wants to eat. (Unless you have worked hard to cook a meal for the family, in which case he eats that or goes to bed hungry!)

For instance, offer 5 healthy foods and he can pick three of them. Since he has a say, he may be more likely to eat it.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2009