How can I make my childs food more apealing to her?

Our little girl is 5 1/2 months old. When we 1st started her on baby food she loved it, all of it, sweet potatoes, carrots, bananas, you name it she would it it. For the past few weeks she is not wanting it at all, she just presses her lips together or spits it out. Today I kind of got her to eat it more by mixing baby single grain oatmeal cereal with some of her applesauce and some cinnamon, she ate all of it, it took some time, but she took it better than normally. Does anyone happen to know how i can make her vegetables and all "more appealing" to her because all she does it bird-dog us for our food when we are eating, it is so pitiful!! Any ideas and suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated, because I know she needs her nutritious food!!

Baby_Kisses08

Asked by Baby_Kisses08 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Personally, I don't think that she NEEDS this food right now. Save yourself and her the trouble and just BF or FF her right now. Her body is not equipped to handle it and only sets her up for possible problems in the future. I hope you don't think I think badly of you - I DON'T!! I am just encouraging you to give her more time, that's all. GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Start mixing cereal in it all. Sounds like she wants a thicker texture. Two of my three would only eat baby food if it was thick...I mean stick to the spoon thick.

Start giving her little bits of table foods and finger foods...not going to hurt as long as she's already been tried on it...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Have the same problem. my daugher will be six months on friday and when we first starting giving her stage 1 foods last month we thought we had the best baby ever, she loved everything, sat in the highchair and never squirmed, until last week when she now cries in the highchair and doesn't have any desire to eat any foods (except bananas, those seem to be the exception), especially not at night when she is tired from daycare. at first I thought it was a big deal. but really she didn't need the food at all, as she has continued her sleeping pattern even though she has less food in her system now. so i just gave up, because the other people commenting are right, at this age, they just don't need it, so why force it. we all know that when they are really hungry, they will eat it, and that is a good lesson for them to learn - don't need to eat unless you are actually hungry. i say just stop providing it and give some time.
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 2:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009