How can I get my kids to sleep all night?

How can I get my 2 year old to sleep all night in his own bed? When he was around a year i had him sleeping in his own bed but after I had my daughter he hasnt sleept in is own bed. Also my 11 month old is still waking up throughout the night and now she wont go back to sleep unless she is in my bed. If anyone has any ideas on how i can get them to sleep all night in there own beds please let me know.

kris2008

Asked by kris2008 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• This worked for my two kids who are 4 years apart.
    Fed them cereal around 9 p.m.
    Bath them then put them to bed. Slept till 6
    Once they were 2 years old they had no cribs and their beds in their own room. Several times they got up and in bed with me but that stopped after about a week or two, I made it clear I didn't want to see them at night unless their was an emergency.
    They tried to test me but was immediately directed back into their own room until they finally gave up and realized mommy was NOT playing
    Anonymous

• Girl I have the same problem with my 2 year old...keeps getting up in the middle of the night and coming in our bed. We just let him fall asleep and put him right back...but some nights we're too tired. My 9 month old sleeps thru the night but goes through phases when he wakes up 1 or 2x's at night. Babies go thru sleep stages like that.
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Get them up earlier and when they have play time let them wear theirselves out, feed them bath them in warm water let them play in warm water and keep it warm next thing you know they will be night night and you will be able to rest all night!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 2:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2009