How can you tell if you have a key logger on your computer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a keyscrambler I downloaded thru Firefox but not sure how to tell if you have an actual keylogger
    mamma84

Answer by mamma84 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I just know that one way is one can be installed through email from one email account on one computer to another computer's email account. Who ever you suspect of tracking you don't open their emails!! Either talk in person or on the phone only!!
    Anonymous

• I just realized maybe I should clarify on mine lol: keyscrambler is not a keylogger, but protection from keylogger. If I type this sentence, it encrypts it or something and shows random letters like "iionoknge" I mainly use it in case my computer has nasty programs on it, not from concern of somebody installing keylogger on my computer. Online shop a lot and don't want the info being shared lol
    mamma84

Answer by mamma84 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• mamma84 do you know if keyscrambler can be used on safari and aol no matter type of computer? Or is what you have limited to firefox and your type of computer?
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure, I don't use Safari or AOL. It works on Firefox and IE on my computer, but not Opera.
    mamma84

Answer by mamma84 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I heard Firefox is the best at modern updates against viruses. If you think you've been compromised, call the company you're worried about to make sure all orders placed are yours. You can also get a good virus scanner and do a full scan ona regular basis.
    Hartless

Answer by Hartless at 6:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2009