Lotion for eczema? (sp)

Hi ladies. My 9 month old son has eczema and breaks out in this dry spots here & there....and of course now that it's cold. What lotion/cream do you recommend? Our pedi gave me Eucerin samples but I don't see that it's working....or maybe I need to using it longer? All advice is appreciated...thanks!

marsha78

Asked by marsha78 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try Aquafor....
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 12:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I use Aveeno for sensitive skin on my kids and it works great. I also use the bath wash.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I'm sorry...that's what she gave us Aquafor...the baby wash and lotion.
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Cetaphil CREAM not lotion. Creams are thicker and better at protecting sensative skin.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 12:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Aveeno works the best imo for eczema. I have it and use Aveeno and the Aveeno oatmeal bath when it gets really bad.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I use Aveeno Baby with a blue cap. Works great. My doc said any heavy lotion was good.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My son had a really bad eczema break out a few months ago. The Dr. gave us a prescription to get it under control and told us that immediately after the bath to lube him good with vaseline to seal in the moisture from the bath, it has to get on him within 3 minutes of getting out of the tub. Then for morning and night moisture, to use Eucerin. He cleared up in about 2 days and if we even see a HINT of itchy dry skin we stick to this plan and it has been working great.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My son also has eczema and it is severe, I tried all kinds of lotions but what seems to help was St Ives lotion for sensitive skin. I also had special ointment prescribed by his doctor called protropic. He suffered with eczema since he was a baby and come to find out last year the doctor linked it to asthma. So, I am not trying to scare you, but you may want to keep an eye on that also or allergies.
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 12:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Use beeswax lotions. Try all natural ones. I have bad excema and I just tried burts bees kind and it has cleared up in 3 days!
    Anonymous

• We do prefer all natural alternatives. We use the Burt's Bees baby wash & shampoo...I may try their cream. Trying all these things can be an expensive venture!!
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2009