Is anyone out there REALLY happy?

My husband and I have a good relationship, but it's not GREAT. I find myself wondering if such a thing really exists. Is any one of you out the really happy? Some one please tell me that it is possible.

PassionateMom

Asked by PassionateMom at 12:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Blissfully wonderfully disgustingly happy. I could not wish for anything more in my life...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I'm a happy girl!

I think I've just learned to be a more positive person and to be grateful for the things I have in life. Yeah, my hubby annoys me pretty badly at times, but I think if I didn't have that, I'd miss him!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I'm happy. My hubby is my best friend. We have rough patches and have almost thrown in the towel a few times, but we always remember that a family that prays together stays together and always work it out. Remember, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Count the things that make you happy not the things you wish were better. WE have an awesome book, can't remember the author, but it's 30 days to a bette rmarriage. It is a christian book and it came from family christian store for like $1. It is small and paper back and purple. It is amazing. Just wanted to share.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yupe I am happy...we both work at it together...I think part of the reason we are happy is because we are very much the same inside..We have the same values, we are both old fashion and want to be respected. We both discipline the same (2nd soon to be married) and we talk..we sit at the table, lay in bed, chat on the phone..we do not hold back on anything that is in our heads.
    We believe in the same things.. I always tease my SO and say "are you sure your not my brother"
    It takes work..and both have to want it.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Ya know I forgot to add that I think happiness is a state of mind. It's something (for me anyway) that I decided I was going to be. I cannot control anyone else in the world except myself.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• nope. not REALLY happy
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Im sure some one will say they are, im sure in some minds they think they are... But really ???? I mean everyone has a side that pops out every once in awhile that shows there true colors... I would say that yes i am, but then in the morning when my hubby wont get his butt out of bed and im at my wits end with the kids, I would say no, im frustrated and fed up... LOL If you look at the big pic than yes, i love my world (kinds,hubby, stupid dog) more and more everyday... I can see my hubby and i growing old together, sitting and spoiling our grandkids...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I'm happy too, not blissfully wonderfuly disgustingly happy, but happy and I am thankful for that. I was NOT happy for a long time, then something changed in me and I started to focus on the good things in my life instead of always the bad, focusing on what I DO have instead of what I don't have, and it has really changed me. I am a very lucky person. I have a good husband who is my best friend (no where NEAR perfect, but who is?) and I have 2 healthy children, a roof over my head and food on the table.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• can't say totally happy but I'm alright
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 12:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I am content most of the time.I am not blissful.Like any marriage, we have had our ups and downs.I think being content in a marriage is more normal that being "really happy"
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2009