Anyone ever have hand surgery?

I may need surgery for nerve damage and I want to know what to expect

sopranomommy

Asked by sopranomommy at 8:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Health

• I had nerve surgery on my left hand, they also did a carpal tunnel relese while doing the nerve surgery. Dr. Schlanker in Illinois did my surgery. Best neuro surgeon in the country. (surgeon for the White Sox, the Bulls and several other Pro Teams) Before the wurgery I couldnt even use my left hand. It hurt like hell 2 days After, I mean it BURNED all the way up to my elbow, but I was not taking the pain meds like I was supposed to. I also did a year and a half of physical therapy, But i'm happy to say I have 90% use of the hand today. The shot they give you in the arm pit "socket" to block the nerves before the surgery was the worst part of it all.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I almost did, but I found out that it was flaring up because of the hormones from recently giving birth. It happened when I had my three year old as well. Good luck!
    Anonymous