Years and years in the future, do you think we'll look back and thank Bush for his "accomplishments"?

I was watching The View the other day and one lady was saying that in years to come that we will realize George W. Bush is one of the best presidents we had or something like that. She even compared him to Abraham Lincoln saying a lot of people didn't like him either at the time of his presidency. Do you think in years, we will realize how great of a president Bush was?

viv212

Asked by viv212 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That was no lady - that was Ann Coulter.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• um, no.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i will never dare to think that George W. Bush was a great president. NEVER.

So many people, including me, compare him with A. Hitler and say he is the 2nd Hitler. So heck no. I hate Bush. And nothing he says or does is something i like and/or support.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• absolutely we will. He was(is) a great President.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• which accomplishments?
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• She did not say he was one of the greatest presidents! She said that she hopes people would look back and see his accomplishments that he did achieve. She also did not compare him to Lincoln she said that even Lincoln was disliked for many of his policies and that view has now changed.
    Anonymous

• Well that just goes to show what Ann Coulter knows. Lincoln trampled all over the Constitution, since time has seemed to perfect his image as the "Great Emancipator" who knows what revisionist history will do to George Bush's image. I think it is very possible that he might be wrongfully seen as something more than what he was.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I suppose anything is possible. If the Terminator & "The Body" could be governors and Sonny Bono & Gopher could be in Congress. I guess it could happen.

Dear Bob, how old am I? I wonder if anyone will get the references?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Jesse Ventura, he he he, oh Friday you slay me!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I got your references Friday, lol. I'm still wondering what accomplishments we will be looking back fondly on...his illegal war, stripping us of our Constitutional rights, our crappy economy?
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2009