How common is this pain in the groin area?

I'm 27 weeks and have started feeling an achy type pain in my groin/inner thigh area, almost but not quite like a pulled muscle. It feels like it did during my first pregnancy when my mucus plug came out after a vaginal exam (not sure whether it was because of the plug coming out or the exam, but either way it hurt - I compared it at the time to the painful feeling I had for a couple of days after losing my virginity), but it's not as bad. There's no excessive discharge, and nothing that looks even remotely like losing my plug. Could it be because my baby likes to hang out so low in my pelvis? Is it normal?

DragonRiderMD

Asked by DragonRiderMD at 12:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its probably pressure down in that area its normal. your baby is getting a lot bigger. its normal.
    Anonymous

• I would say it's just the baby adding more pressure and weight to your you know. My friends and I call it the VaJayJay pain... It stinks!!! I can not wait till our little guy is here! I am almost 38 weeks and have had this pain since about 26 weeks,,, Good Luck!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 1:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2009