What Ideas are good for a 14 yr old teen age girl?

My daughter's 14th birthday is less than two weeks and I am clueless on what to do for a party. She will have about 5-6 friends over, I don't want it to be too lil girly or too grown up of a party. Please give any suggestions but will not cost that much. The amount I have to spend is low but please any ideas are appreciated.

chakithavina

Asked by chakithavina at 1:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• why dnt u tlk to her about some options she would like?
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• movies, dance competition (video game)
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• A themed dinner party would be fun. There are actually mystery dinners that you can find where throughout the dinner you present clues, while one of the guests is the culprit of the act. They can all dress up as characters from the mystery. My sister did this when she was 14 and I remember coming to the party dressed in a lepord dress and a big show girl feather in my hair. I was a "server." It was fun!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 1:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• movies, snacks, Karaoke is always fun!
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 1:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I would say talk to your daughter about what she wants. What is your daughter into?? I know twilight is popular w/most girls that age, so is Taylor Swift, American Idol, or maybe a at home spa party.
    Here are some links to Spa stuff you can make at home:
    http://www.spaindex.com/HomeSpa/HomeSpa.htm
    http://www.skin-care-recipes-and-remedies.com/home-spa.html
    http://www.mybeautyrecipes.com/
    Then just get some nail polish and your done
    xmasbaby73

Answer by xmasbaby73 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Thank you for the ideas! She said they would like to see a movie at the mall. I was thinking I could buy disposable camera's for them so they can take pics through out the Movie/mall trip trying on goofy clothes and having fun then back to the house for pizza and cake. Does that sound too lame? Please let me know.
    chakithavina

Answer by chakithavina at 2:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• If you live near a skating rink, that is fun too. The teen girls around here love to go skating and whisper and gossip about all the cute boys they know. Usually, movies are a huge hit too.  And, I like that spa idea. Definately proviide cameras and maybe even little dollar store scrapbooks for them to decorate with the pictures they take.  Making memories is always good.....

lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My niece did a neighborhood scavenger hunt. my sister made a list of fun things to ind and photograph, such as a red door, or a cat in the yard. They worked as teams and had digital cameras. they had a blast! they also did a 20 question list, who has most siblings, longest hair, most jewelry on, friends on my space, etc.and then you get prizes for who answers, they also played name that tune with their own music.
    12crazykids

Answer by 12crazykids at 3:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• We rent two hotel rooms one for me and the ol man and one for her and her friends, they swim all day and gossip and do eachothers hair and we nap.
    :-)
    PolocksPride

Answer by PolocksPride at 8:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• no it doesnt sound lame because thats wat teenagers like to do shop and act goofy in front of their friends
    laura23560

Answer by laura23560 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 15, 2009