If you make love the night before an internal exam will the doc beable to tell??

My SO and I are so ready for our little guy to arrive and we are trying the love making thing as an inducer... Well I have an internal tomorrow and my doc is stripping my membranes, will he be able to tell that we did it the night before??? We dont use protection (cause I am already preg. lol) So will he come out with some goop?? I am not as worried as my SO is about this... And I want to cont. love making everynite till he gets here!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there may be some semen in there still. but i dont think he will be able to tell it is semen just by looking at it. he probably wont think anything about it actually.
    Anonymous

• Number one, it shouldn't matter to your doc weather you had sex or not. number two the most important number DO NOT HAVE YOUR MEMBRANES SWEPT! It is not going to make baby come any faster. Baby will come when it's ready. IMO, induction=abuse.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 1:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Omg.... induction doesn't equal abuse. That's ridiculous and you can BASH me all you want for saying my opinion. The girl didn't ask about the induction or stripping anyways! To answer the question, he may be able to tell but who cares? He is an OB and i'm sure he doesn't even think twice. You have to realize what they must see on a day to day basis
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I don't think if i were going to have my membranes swept I would have sex the night before it could cause unnecessary bacteria up there. I know when they do paps they say not to just because of false readings but if the sex hasn't brought your little one out yet it probably won't. Good luck on the membrane thing.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• UGGGGGG some women on here make me sooooo mad!!! Your doc may or may not be able to tell you had sex or not.... but guess what??? he could care less..... They see women who dont shave they see women poop on the delivery table lol!! These women are not DR's and if yours sees it best to have your membranes swept then that yours and his call not anyone on here!!! I had it done with my last son and it made me loose my mucus plug but not labor but it did make me dialate alot and again loose my mucus plug!! Good luck im waiting for my little one too!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• scaredmommmy- I hope you read mine right, I stuck up for her too. :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• they are able to tell. I found out the embarressing way lol. But I will tell you. My SO and I tried the love making thing to induce labor and it actually worked. I had my daughter the next morning.
    izzismom08

Answer by izzismom08 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• im sorry Navy-Wife i will have to disagree with you. sweeping the membrane does not hurt the baby at all or even reach the baby!

i agree with everyone else tho. your doctor wont care UNLESS he has told you NOT to have sex. and just to let you know he does know you are human and you do have sex ^.^ hence the baby! lol. dont worry bout it! enjoy yourself!

Always
    ~Syl~
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yes. The area is usually inflamed a bit.
    Anonymous

• First, why do you care if your dr knows? Um HELLO! You re pregnant... he/she isn't stupid. It's obvious you have sex lol.

Btw inducion is not abuse! F that! I was induced with both of my boys and they are just fine :].
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009