Do you ever miss your kids so much it hurts?

Over the past few days have been so clingy with my son. All I think about when I'm at work is going home and playing with him, or give him a great big hug and kiss! I really hate working nights.

Amber1109

Asked by Amber1109 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Wait until they leave home. My 'baby' will be 22 in Sept. He lives 198 miles away and I miss him terribly. I miss him popping in the door to raid the cookie jar..I miss him opening the fridge standing there forever staring, get nothing and close it again. LOL. Basically I miss all the things I used to fuss at him about. He's getting married in Nov and We really love his fiance, but it's breaking my heart.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I think alot of times the news plays a big role in that. There is so many bad things happening to children, it always makes me hug my kids a little tighter. I say enjoy them as much as you can, they grow up very fast. I have one entering high school this year and it makes me very sad.
    Anonymous

• Aww! You know my mom calls me almost everyday and tells me she miss' me and my brother. We both live in Texas and she is in Florida. I don't know what I would do if my kids lived that far from me. Congrats with the son getting married!!!
    Anonymous

• Yes,my daughter stayed over night not too long ago with a friend and I missed her so much that I couldn't sleep in my bedroom. I slept all night on the couch with a phone nearby in case she needed me. Believe me I didn't sleep very much for constantly thinking about how much I missed her and wished she were home with me.
    Noelle40

Answer by Noelle40 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My daughter is only 9 months old & if a family member watches her for 4 hours I go crazy calling, asking what sh;e sdoing, wanting her back. It's pitiful but so great at the same time. She slept in the same room as me til we moved into this new place where she has her own room & the first week was HELL. I couldn't sleep cause she wasn;t in the same room as me.
    HippieMahma

Answer by HippieMahma at 9:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• That is the reason I decided not to go back to work. Not only that, but the money I would be making weekly at my job would have just paid for daycare... Why would I want to do that when I could stay home with my baby and raise her myself. So thats also the reason I finally decided to start the clothing line I've always talked about. Not only do I get to work from home with my daughter right there, but I also get to do the work that really makes me happy.
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 9:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• try having him go to stay with his dads for a year and only seeing him once month....im dying! so yeah, i know exactly what you mean...lol
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2008