How many women have Endometriosis???

I am havin MORE problems with my endo,,,,,, how many of you have it??? what types of treatment have you used??? how do you get relief or do you??? are you worried your daughters will get it, if you have daughters??

30andstillgrowi

Asked by 30andstillgrowi at 1:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Health

• I have endo, as does one of my sisters, but no one else in my family that I know of. I had a laproscopy in 2003, and then tried birth control. None of it helped and my doctor is now actually recommending a hysterectomy because he thinks it has spread to my bladder, liver, kidneys, and other organs. I just had a daughter 11 months ago, and that didn't help it either. I am a little concerned about her, but since only 1 other person in my family has it, and we have a lot of women in this family, I am not too concerned.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have it and after 4 years of living with pain, I went to my dr and he gave me some choices on how to handle this. we talked about diffrent types of pain pills that i could go on or diffrent types of birth control which he said didnt make since to him since i had my tubes tied 4 years ago. So we went the route of him going in and do explortory surgery, to make sure that is exactley what we were looking at. Plus well he was in there he removed a piece of my ovaries that had scare tissue attacehed to it and my uterus and my bladder. which what was causeing the pain, it was pulling everything together. so i would talk to your doctor and see what diffrent things he can think about. I am not to worried about my daughters getting it, I am the only one in my famly that has it. What I am worried about is my daughters getting my PMDD. Hope things work out for you.
    bsaraquse

Answer by bsaraquse at 1:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• oh yeah forgot after he removed all the scare tissue and that sore looking thing, i havent had a bit of problem with my endo.
    bsaraquse

Answer by bsaraquse at 1:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• BUMPITY BUMP........ I am gonna post a post in a couple of groups,,, dd is 9 and gionna start anyday...... omgoodness,,,,,, very scary...... i started at 9 too,,,, God be with us,,, so we don't choke each other.... my poor hubby and ds!!!!! they will be taking up golf,,, LOL
    30andstillgrowi

Answer by 30andstillgrowi at 1:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I have endo. I dread every month. I started when I was 11, and I ALWAYS get very sick and I get in soooooo much pain. It's like going through labor every month. Litterally. I'm going to my doctor and I am going to talk about a hysterectomy next Tuesday. I hope she approves. Some people have told me that since I'm 32, they may not do it. That I'm too young. But, I am not having any more kids and I don't see any reason for a period anymore. So, I have no need for that kind of pain.
    gerigirl90

Answer by gerigirl90 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2009