No bashing PLZ

im a christian mother with a 1.5 old daughter. Today i had two odd people banging on my door which really scared me cause it was just me and my daughter, i have never seen these people and we have really wierd people in our apartment complex. this scared me and my daughter started crying because she wanted me to open the door. she wouldnt stop screaming it had been five minutes and these people were still at my door. it made me upset that she wouldnt be quite. i grabbed her and told her she was going night night and she screamed louder. all i wanted was her to be quite so they wouldnt think we were home. i smacked her hand lightly .... cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• and she just escalated. which had me even more anxious. i put my hand over mouth to get her to stop because i was frustrated. i felt i got really mean so i just walked away and started crying. i feel horrible i love my daughter but i feel like im some kind of abusive mother. will god ever forgive me?? I love her so much and feel like the worst mom.
    Anonymous

• God forgives those who are truly sorry.
    Anonymous

• You need help and you know it...otherwise you wouldnt have poted this.
    Anonymous

• God understands that you are human and you make mistaked and believe it or not so does your daughter. Most parents have made a mistake similar with thier children. You are not a child abbuser, you are a mommy that lost her cool for a moment. It is ok. Just remember next time to stop and count to ten before reacting to her stress.
    froggie1120

Answer by froggie1120 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• next time just let her cry. if weird people are at your door just ignore them. so what if they heard your baby crying. you just overreacted. yes he will.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• 1. God forgives when we ask for forgiveness. 2. You were in fear.. you tapped her hand lightly (not abuse), u put her hand over her mouth so she couldn't be heard because of fear of who was banging on your door (again, not abuse)..

We get frustrated however so far what you described is not abuse. The crying may have been because she sinced your fear.

Trust me... you are not the worst mom... nothing you described in how you handled the situation makes you the worst or even a bad mom.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Do your daughter and yourself a favor and get out of the house on a regular basis, it will help calm your nerves, even IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE IT do it anyway! Go to the mall or volunteer at church hang out with friends look up local moms. You will have less incidents where you regret overreacting.

Anonymous

• ^^ Yes...take that advice. Go out, even if it's cold, bundle up and get some fresh air. You will notice you get angry less.

Plus um to you report the creepy people in the complex?
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• At a year and a half old your daughter is far too young to understand why she needed to be quiet so you shouldn't have punished her.  Young children are very empathic and she was crying because she could sense YOUR unease which frightened her.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• BTW what does your religion have to do with this question?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2009