im 37 weeks pregnant and im 1 cm and 75 percent effaced does that mean im going to give birth soon

liznkris2009

Asked by liznkris2009 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no. it can be a few weeks or an hour or anywhere in between and beyond.
    Anonymous

• not necessarily. i mean yeah youre going to give birth soon but just because its time, it doesnt really have anything to do with percentage effaced. i was 75% effaced for weeks and ended up being induced about a week after my due date.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• nope. dilation and effacement generally do not have anything to do with when you give birth lol. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I went into the hospital at 34 weeks for bleeding. I had been 4 cm and 75%effaced for a week and a half before that and they still had to induce me.
    Anonymous

• Not really...you'll go when you're meant to. Whether that's this evening or three weeks from now, only your body knows.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I was 1 cm dilated for the last month with my first. And then they ended up taking him by C-section because he still wasn't anywhere close to ready to come out.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009