What can I expect on my first doctor visit since I tested pregnant?

I would like to know what tests will be done and if he'll do a sonogram?

MommaSunshine26

Asked by MommaSunshine26 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they might. i got an ultrasound at my first visit because I don't have accurate periods and we couldn't get a good estimated due date.

i also got blood work done. it's going to be moderately long. you get a pap smear, blood work, maybe an u/s, sometimes a pregnancy handbook etc.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• they will probably ask you a bunch of questions, make you do a pee test, and give you papers to go get blood work done. After they check your HCG levels with blood work, they will send you for an ultrasound
    Anonymous

• I didn't get an ultrasound with my first visit. My first visit was with the nurse. She did a urine test, checked my vitals and my weight. Sent me to the lab for a blood test. Then my next visit I had a uterine ultrasound.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• with my first appointment i got an ultrasoun, they collected a urine sample, asked me all kinds of questions, did blood work, did a pap, checked my weight, and my bloodpressure, and that was pretty much about it! congrats!!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• At my first appoiment, they check your weight, and blood pressure, ask you a bunch of questions, like when your last period was, if you have ever had a child, and had a misscarriage, etc... they aslo did a pap, and did blood work, and yes they gave me a untra sound. they usually do because the earlier you get one the more likely your due date will be closer because all babies are the same weight n etc when there that small. Congrats.
    Staceyymichelle

Answer by Staceyymichelle at 2:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• They'll do a vaginal exam with pap smear and breast exam if you haven't had one recently. They'll ask you a ton of questions about your family and personal medical history. They'll get blood and urine samples and check your weight and blood pressure (all of which except blood tests will be routine at every appointment). They'll probably ask how you're feeling, etc. They'll let you ask whatever questions you might have. And you might have an ultrasound depending on how far along you are when you go to the doctor and when they normally do the first ultrasound (usually around 10-12 weeks, so it might not be until your second visit if they want to see you at 8 weeks).

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I just had a vaginal exam and a pregnancy test (I think). We didn't do an ultrasound until 12 wks.
    Anonymous