have any of you lost your cool with your toddler??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• of corse.
    Anonymous

• yes I have, it' s percfectly normal
    wiener

Answer by wiener at 1:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• If you have a toddler and you HAVEN'T lost your cool, you're not much of a parent.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Daily it seems sometimes.....But they gang up on me!! LOL (4, 3 and 2 years)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i think its bound to happen. you try their whole lives (till toddler hood) to not lose it in front of them, or at them. but their fustration mixed with our shortening patience is bound to make something explode. its ok when it happens. as longs as when its over you sit
    TARA26

Answer by TARA26 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have lost my patience with him a few times but it is natural. It is when somebody loses their patience and hits or shakes their child that makes it so it is not natural. That is abuse, and if you feel the urge to do that just walk away from the situation until you can look at it again with a cooler head on your shoulders. It doesn't make you a bad person to walk away for a minute or two to collect yourself...
    PhotographyM0m

Answer by PhotographyM0m at 1:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• yes
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 2:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i'd be lying if i said i didn't.. but i am a softey when it comes to stuff like that.. i end of feeling guilty for not have enough patience and hug on him if i yell at him...

omg it kills me when he gives me those sad faces...

if u find yourself getting to that point just walk away....

photographymom IT IS NOT OKAY TO SHAKE YOUR CHILD!! OMG!! THAT COULD KILL THEM IF THEY ARE YOUNG!! OMG YOU NEVER HEARD OF SBS? i am close friends with a mom whose boyfriend "got angry" and shook the baby and now he's all messed up... FOR LIFE!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yes.

And Juliansmom... you need to re-read the answer that mentions shaking. She clearly states that it is NOT OK and that a parent who has reached that point needs to walk away.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• well i apologize... i am trying to do something else and i just skimmed thru.... im sorry
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009