desparate for an answer

my neighbor hates me.has flipped me the bird.her daughter slapped my daughter.lies about me to the other neighbors.hangs out the window like an idiot trying to get my attention.stupidly waves at me so i wave back she flips me off then denies it.screams induendoes at me when i try to talk to her..fine i get it we dont get along.but she (somehow has brought the whole neighbor hood with her.they hate me.i did nothing to them.they wont talk to me.i know she is lying from what other people have said to me.iwant friends.i want to be able to go down the end of the street and talk.its like i stay in the house and dont bother with anybody.ya i have other friends.but i dont understand these other woman who have judged me and dont even know me?no bashing please...

blsource

Asked by blsource at 1:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• that would bother me too, hell, you have to live by all these people and you're supposed to look out for one another. um...Have you ever gone over to their house and formally met your neighbors-not the ones flipping you off the other neighbors around you? I would do that so they could get to know me and see everythings all good...
    Anonymous

• i would confront the other neighbors and find out exactly what she has said.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My neighbor hates me too! I think it's because I have four kids and he has none and we live in a side by side! But because he has no kids and everyone in the neighrborhood is my best friend because all of their kids are always at my house. So, pretty much no one in the neighborhood pays him any attention! Life goes on, but I know how you feel.
    sweetdynasty

Answer by sweetdynasty at 1:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Why not host a potluck with your neighbors - invite everyone over so you can get to know them?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• No matter where you live, you will have a problem with a neighbor. My best advice is to not let pelple ruin your mood. The last thing you should do is try to invite people over for a party when they obviously have a problem with you. The kind of people who believe gossip are the kind of people you are better off without. I would simply just live my life without a care in the world. If you ignore them and act like their actions don't hurt you (even though it does) that is the best revenge. This is High school 101. Don't play the game.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 2:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• If it were me, I wouldn't even waste my time with these people. It all sounds so childish. Just ignore them. If they wave, keep walking. Sounds like the popular kids in high school who pick someone to make fun of. Eventually they'll get bored with you and move on. Sorry you have to deal with people like that. Sad that there's people that are supposedly adults yet still act like children.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 2:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Well my answer isn't what you should do but you ask for answer. I would ignore them completely as long as you possibly can, get some neighbor hood stuff going on yard sales, get involved with neighbor hood watch let your neighbors decide for themselves how you are.They sound like she is a cherry short of fruit pie, and if she insisted on causing trouble (I live in redneck territory mind you!) Warn her if she doesn't back off you will be forced to fire her head up couple times show her there is a new sherrif in town. That is the universal language of the idiots! lol! But that would be my last resort!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 2:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2009