Has anyone every had their son's testicles fall out of the diaper and get caught in the elastic band?

My son is only 4 months old, and this has happend twice at my sons daycare. I bring him home and go to change his diaper and his balls are hanging out the side of his diaper. This last time the whole area was red and swollen. Now the daycare is trying to tell me that it's not them putting the diaper on wrong, it's him sitting in the jumper or bumbo, and I don't buy it. I really like the daycare, my daughter has been going there for 31/2 years with no problems.

Soulmonkey08

Asked by Soulmonkey08 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OMG!! That poor little sweetie!! I would tell them then if it is the jumper/bumbo he is ABSOLUTELY NOT TO EVER EVER GO IN IT AGAIN!! and see if it still happens. This could seriously hurt the poor little guy!! Give him schmoochies for me!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I don't have a boy, but that doesn't sound right to me. If the diaper was put on right to begin with then nothing should be falling out. I would push the issue and ask them to spend a few extra minutes when diapering to make sure it is one right.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Once, my SS came home from BMs house crying. She said she couldn't figure out what was wrong. He was like 18 months old at the time, and kept grabbing his crotch saying "Owie..hurts" We took him inside to find his diaper was on backwards, but sliding to the side, and his penis was stuck in the band. I would tell the daycare to veto the jumper or the chair. That is so terrible.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my son has never had that problem, even from sitting in a jumper or bumbo. he did get a wedgie once. they must be putting it on wrong or something !
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 1:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I've got 2 boys and I've never had that happen
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 1:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My son is 7 months old and he has never had this happen, we also use the bumbo and the jumper
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 2:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I also have a 10 month old son and this has never happened. I agree with everyone else - I would tell the daycare provider to pay attention when changing his diaper and DO NOT use the bumbo and jumper...
    vpsmama

Answer by vpsmama at 2:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I would talk to other mothers of boys at the daycare center, and see if this is happening with them too.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 2:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i have a 6 month old son and this has never happened to him, he uses the bumbo and jumper alot and it doesn't happen.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i've got a 20 month old and this has never happened. we have had the side slide up into his butt crack (diaper wedgie) and have poop everywhere... but no balls hanging out. poor little man
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2009