how long did you bleed after a c-section?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The whole 6 miserable weeks with both!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I only bleed for like a 2 weeks (it was very light for me after the first few days). And then it was another almost 2 months before I got my first period afterwards.
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I bled for 3 weeks straight then spotted off and on for another 2-3 weeks! Just when I'd think I was done and stop wearing liners, it would happen again. If you are concerned, talk to your doctor, but chances are, everything is perfectly normal, it is just one of those frustrating things.
    Anonymous

• i bleed olny for 2 weeks maybe 3
    Anonymous

• I was one of the unlucky ones lol I bleed for 6 weeks, then missed a week and started my period again.
    Staceyymichelle

Answer by Staceyymichelle at 1:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• About 3 weeks, and then spotting for another week or so, and then my period came at 5 weeks. I've heard you bleed longer if you labored and had an emergency C-section than if you have a scheduled C-section. I don't know how true that is, though. (Mine was scheduled.)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My first child I only bled for maybe two weeks, but with the second child it was for three or four weeks.
    Anonymous