New Dishwasher help

We recently installed a new dishwasher, but now it is not draining so the dishes are not getting clean. I've looked in the manuel and It says something about a knockout plug, but when I look online I find it says the knockout plug is on a disposal which we don't have. Any clue there?
And another thing, I tried to clean out the bottom by popping up the little u-shaped food trap in the center and now I can't get the spinner back on and stay, I can't see what to do because of the water. Help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• To get the water out so you can see, scoop it out with a plastic cup, sponge up the rest, and so forth. At least you will be able to see. It isn't that you didn't let the cycles all finish is it? We can't tell where the cycles are on ours and pretty much have to wait until the wash is done light comes on. The knockout plug on the disposal... I know our washer has a soft food disposer so maybe this is what is meant, but I don't know about a knockout plug. Call the company - they should be able to help you. If the machine is under some kind of warranty maybe call for help using that? Good luck.

Answer by Bmat at 1:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2009