How do I convince my fiancee to have another child?

We already have a beautiful little boy who is 19 months old but I want another baby before I reach 25. Atleast be pregnant with one. He is 32 and I worry that time may be running out for us to have a healthy child like the first one.

PhotographyM0m

Asked by PhotographyM0m at 1:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a hard time getting my now husband to want to concieve a baby. First we needed a house, then we needed to get married. I listened to him. The last thing I would have wanted to do is force my need for motherhood on a man who was not ready. Their is no convincing ,only his heart and yours will have to meet eye to eye. I am now pregnant and expecting a child in May. But if he wasn't ready and I plan to spend the rest of my life with him then I wasn't ready. I wish you and him the best of luck. Talk to him and see where your headed for the futer. It took my 4 years.......
    watergirlbrown

Answer by watergirlbrown at 5:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Ummm...chill out honey. Why such a rush? Pushing a guy to have a baby is a good way to get him to leave you. It's just not fair to him. Why do you think 25 is the magical number???
    Anonymous

• haha i am in the same boat babe...well i'm a little younger, i want a little girl (we have a boy) but after my husband came home (deployment) and gets to spend time with the baby... he's like nooo way not anytime soon...:(

i would say just talk to him about it and tell him how u feel and ask him what are his thoughts... will you have time for the baby? are you ready $$ wise?

good luck
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I know how you feel.

I always wanted to have at least 2 kids. We have a daughter (1 1/2 yrs old). My husband does not want anymore kids - at all.
    Its kinda breaking my heart, because it was always my dream to have 2kids. We are very young... Im 24 and he is 23. So i just keep my hopes up that he will decide for another baby in a few years.

Right now i dont want a child, because i enjoy it too much to spoil our DD. We couldnt afford a 2nd child yet so i want to wait til im maybe 30. Maybe he will change his mind and if not, then i will still love him and i will keep spoiling our DD for the rest of forever :P

Putting pressure on a guy with "i want another baby" is not good at all. Like the first answerer said: "its a good way to get him to leave you"...

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Gosh, I sounds like you are rushing things! Sorry, but who says a 32 year old man and a 25 year old woman are on the "older' side of having a child! Give yourself a break, and slow down. Maybe now would be a good time to consider marriage, getting the family you have a little more secure. Yes, I know I will have haters who say you don't need to be married in order to have a child. I would agree, but this poster is trying to talk her SO into having another child and perhaps he wants something a little different. Good luck to you.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 3:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• It's NEVER a good idea to pressure him into having another child. Both of you need to decide you are ready. Give him time and respect his decision.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2009