My daughter and I want to go one a healthy but faster way to loose weight! I have been reading up on some diets like Sugar busters, south beach which one works fastest she has senior prom coming up! LOL!

Want to make to make complete life style change, but need to help her get off extra weight healthy, hopefully fast and stay on it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Weight watchers is about teaching you how to make healthier choices. Mrsmostafa is completely right about ice water. Your body needs water to function properly and if you drink ice water, your body has to heat it to body temp before it can metabolize it. Therefore, you actually burn calories. Throw out all the cookies and chips and get apples an carrot sticks. Cut fruit into bite sized pieces and then put in tupperware dishes so you have convenient snacks and aren't tempted to eat unhealthy snacks.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• weight watchers and nutrasystem have worked for friends in the past. i would stay away from fad diets... having said that... every few weeks, i skip dinner a few days. also, replacing all drinks (even diet drinks) with Iced water will help melt off pounds.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 1:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I really like the South Beach. Their recipies are AWESOME. It also teaches you to eat healthy not diet.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I DIDNT KNOW ICE WATER BURNS CALORIES WHAT ELSE BURNS UP CALORIES BESIDES EXCERCISE?
    hmomr

Answer by hmomr at 6:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• To make it most effective and long-term, it's good to make it a new lifestyle rather than a diet. Maybe look up the "Eat-Clean Diet" by Tosca Reno. She has cook books, and they are very creative and budget friendly at the same time. If you and your daughter can start now, you can help her learn a healthy lifestyle that will stick with her.
    Mindy418

Answer by Mindy418 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2009