Did your child ever say something that really made you think about the influence you have on them?

I train dogs and love them so much, but my parents have a dog that probably thinks his name is Damn Dog and the other day my little siblings just learning to talk said "Damn Dog"

jhj4ever

Asked by jhj4ever at 1:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Everyday
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 1:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I should at that that dog is the most spoiled and loved thing ever- Dont want you to think theres abuse!
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 1:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• the other day my 4yr old DD told her daddy "i'm going to clean up the house and it won't stress me out!"
    cleaning is one of my stressors, and it's sad and funny that my 4yr old picked up on that
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• oh, i have done things that my kids picked up on that made me rethink how i think or act. made me a better parent.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• When my son was learning to talk I was constantly onto everyone about their language because I didn't want him picking up any bad habits. One day a few of us were sitting in the kitchen talking while I fed my son and he drops his sippy cup over the side and says, "Shit, Shit, Shit!" I was shocked and looking around the room for whomever it was that he could have picked it up from and everyone's looking at me. I asked why and my husband's best friend says, "That one's on you. You always cuss in threes." He still won't let me forget it and my son is now six.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 1:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• All the time... good and bad.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• No but my friends daughter kept calling me a shithead one day. lol.
    She was like 2.
    My baby isn't old enough yet.
    Anonymous

• lol yes good and bad. My son fell the other day so I was telling him to "shake it off." And my DD said "We dont have time for that." And another time my DD went and saw her bio dad (he is not really involved...she MAYBE sees him 4 or 5 hours out of the year) She came home after shopping with him he had bought her a toy and she told my son "I only got this for you because I love you." That is not something my husband or I would say to her. I am ticked he tries to buy her love. :-/
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2009