Anyone want to admit to saying some really dumb things lately to help me feel better? lol

At my doctor's appointment last week, the doctor was recommending a new OB for me to switch to, since he quit delivering babies shortly after I had my son. He recommended one man & said "He's great; he delivered my granddaughter." My genius self said, "Oh my gosh, Dr. Bryan, you didn't deliver your granddaughter?!?!" He just looked kinda amused & said "No, that's my daughter, ya know." I tried to laugh it off, but I just felt so embarrassed & I still do! I HATE when I stick my foot in my mouth & say stupid things like that. I should so try to think before I speak...

Anyone want to make me feel less alone? Puhleeeease? : )

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 1:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• im the same way so your not alone heather
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Why was what you said embarrassing? That he'd see his daughter giving birth? I admit that I probably would have said the same thing that you did. And been puzzled about his answer. :)
    Oh I said something embarrassing when I was leading a dance class. I thought the class was ready for a modification of the dance, and big mouth me said I ordinarily wouldn't introduce the move this early in the session but I felt they were ready. Well they weren't, and then I cast about for something to say but what could I say- sorry you aren't ready after all. * sad sigh * I've got to be more careful what I say.

Answer by Bmat at 2:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• At work the other day, I needed to get out the back door, which has a security alarm that requires a key to disengage. So I go and get the keys and turn off the alarm. Well, I go to see if anyone else needs anything from storage since I am headed out there. I say "Does anyone need storages from the supplies?" Everyone looks at me and I say "No, its cool, I already disfigured the alarm." I hadn't slept in days and it finally caught up to me.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I like pickled eggs and my family finds it gross. While we were on the topic of "pickled foods"
    my mom said something about pickled Okra and I asked "How do you grow pickled Okra?" and I was being serious. OMG. I felt so dumb lol.
    My mom was like "No, you grow the Okra THEN pickle it."
    I knew that but I just had a dumb moment I guess and didn't think about it.
    Anonymous

• I say dumb stuff all of the time. I am one of those people I imagine are really awkward to be around because I always have something idiodic to say. lol. But I dont get embarassed easily so I laugh at it and forget. I went to watch an on demand movie. Cant remember the name of it..... but the description just said something like this woman cant hold on to a relationship because of a secret she has....sounds good right?? WRONG! It starts off she is sitting on her couch reading a book and keeps looking down at her dog. She gets up, pulls her hair back in a pony tail. Next scene she is rinsing her mouth out with a ton of mouth wash. Then goes to say "I blew my dog....I dont know if I was just bored or what.." "Wouldnt it be funny if I mentioned it at a party? So does anyone else know what dog semen tastes like?" LOL That was the only thing I could think of when I read this question.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I will tell the story of what one of my friends said. I'm pregnant with my 3rd baby and I have one boy and one girl, and my DS is the oldest. So my friend was asking me what I wanted this baby to be, and I said it didn't matter to me. She said, "Well maybe it will be a girl, then Aly can be a big sister." I was like, UUMMM, she will be a sister whether I have a boy OR a girl. lol. It was funny.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• So renea, since you don't have any younger boys does that mean your son isn't an older brother? Is he an only child?? LOL.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Ahhh, I just thought of another one I said recently. I'm really a pretty intelligent individual, believe it or not. Please keep that in mind... lol. My friend's boyfriend lives in Washington state. She was joking that she was going to move there & that when my son gets older, we would have to come visit. I said, "Oh, okay, I guess I can convince my husband that we need to go on a vacation to Spokane, Washington by using the excuse of 'taking Gage to see the capital' while we're on the way there'." I immediately started laughing, because I knew I'd said something much less than brilliant. I really did know that the capital is Washington, D.C., but I guess I had a momentary loss of all previous knowledge... : /

I've enjoyed reading everyone else's responses! Thank you for helping me to NOT feel like the only one who manages to stick her foot in her mouth!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 3:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• mine's pretty bad. I was telling another friend about going to one of my guy friend's house... well I was telling her about the t.v. he had just bought and put in his room, and I said "I did a movie with him in his bedroom" I meant to say that I'd watched a movie with him!
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 6:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I think that was a natural question and I would laugh with him, not at you! When I think about it, it is kind of funny! I was thinking, "yea, why didn't you deliver your granddaughter?" too!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009