Yorkie/Silkie ear hair plucking

OK so I have the hardest time making myself pluck my lil dudes ear hair out of the deep inside even though I know it has to be done....
I am taking him to the groomer next week to have it done since I can't make myself do it. What I wonder is do they eventually get used to it? Or will it always been painful?

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 1:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pets

• If you have been doing this for awhile, and now using the groomer, the groomer will use a white powder put in the ear to help pluck the hair out with as less pain that when you do it without the powder. Keep up a regular ear plucking and don't wait till they get really over grown. That will lesson the pain. I have a Lhasa and a Bicshon that I have to do this . And I regularly  take the time to get it done every  3-4 wks to keep them cleaned out.  You can also buy the white ear powder, but must make sure you clean all the powder out afterwards to keep the ear clean!

Good luck, I just for gp's I hate that job!

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 2:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Both.....they get used to the procedure, but it's always painful.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• ahh man I so didn't want to hear that!!!! It just kills me
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I saw the Dog Whisperer do it last week and the dog didn't seem to be in pain at all. Cesar used his hands to do it and the dog just sat there.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009