What's the secret to doing laundry in cold water using powdered laundry detergent?

I'm tired of all the plastic trash from liquid detergents. Does anyone know the secret for using powdered laundry detergent in cold water so it doesn't wind up just stuck to the clothes...? Thanks in advance!

bnjsmommy

Asked by bnjsmommy at 1:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Just like with hot water, make sure that the detergent is mixed witht he water prior to putting your clothes in. This sometimes may require you to stick your hand in the water and swish it around as the washer is filling with water.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• To add to above, you might be using to much. Honestly I've more than halved the recommended amount of powder and my clothes are still clean.
    candycane337

Answer by candycane337 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• You can also try mixing the powder with hot water before adding it to the washer. Powders will dissolve quicker and better in hot or warm water.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009