Cerel with 1st stage baby food or not?

I have a 4month old baby boy, and I just started to feed him the 1st stage baby food yesterday. I mixed it with the rice cerel though. And he did great with it! My ? is..do you think since hes been eating the rice cerel since he was 2months + i put some in every bottle...if I should just give him the baby food straight or keep mixing it cuz hes only 4months?

Also how much of the 1st stage baby food should he eat at a meal? like half or less or full cup?

kylie_2008

Asked by kylie_2008 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 4 months it isn't neccesary and milk (formula or breast) should still be his mains source of nutrition until around age 1.

That being said, When Kaylee first started out with stage one she would eat until she was bored of it, usually half of a jar. Then I would giver her her normal bottle, and if after that she was still hungry i would finish off the jar of food.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i never put cereal in the bottles only when i fed him... thats how they get so fat so big...lol

but my sister (our babies are 9 days apart) did all the time.... i guess its just up to u.. ask the doctor
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I only put the cerel in the bottle to prevent spit up..its not like its half full of it! lol
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Oh jeesh, I hear this so much..BABIES DON'T NEED FOOD BEFORE 6 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT EVEN CEREAL. It's bad for they're digestive system, it causes allergies, and asthma!

Anonymous

• ANON-its not your child, perhaps she has her reasons! Calm down and either answer the actual question or pass it over.
    You can do either really. My daughter would eat some things plain, but other things, she wanted the extra texture of the cereal. Peas and things that were a little thicker she wanted without the cereal. Put the peaches and the thinner things, she wanted the cereal. It isn't going to change things either way. I would say give her the bottle she would normally get, to make sure she is getting more formula/breastmilk than anything else. Then give her the solids until she is full. That is what we do with our daughter.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I gave my daughter baby food at that age and she is fine, every baby is different. Yes they still need thier formula but getting them to try new things wont kill them. 1st stage baby food will be great for him but dont mix anything up. Try one thing at a time and when it is open it is only good for 3 days, that is how long it mostly take to find out if he is allergic to it or not. If you think it is ok for him then do it, I never done anything that my parents wouldnt do to me.
    sgtbrat

Answer by sgtbrat at 4:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009