What to do??? I have a 2 year old that has dicovered the power of voice or shall I say scream....

What to do??? I have a 2 year old that has dicovered the power of voice or shall I say scream....I'm trying to teach him inside voice but he's NO fool and knows that he can get attention by YELLING just for the sake of it. Anyone else ever have to deal with a screamer...the kind that just likes to scream in you face usually more than once until I can come up with a funny noise to make him stop the lil screamer and laugh.....

*And ok, I admit it! It's MY HUBBY's Fault....he MADE me yell at him and ever since then my quiet child is a yeller! LOL

Carey2006

Asked by Carey2006 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ignore him when he screams he will stop
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• when your child decides to scream, the best way to get him to stop is to ignore him. He will learn that it gets him no where. But be patient, because it might take some time for him to realize this and give up.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 2:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I would be grateful that he has a voice. My child is nonverbal.
    widespreadpanic

Answer by widespreadpanic at 4:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Throw a glass of cold water in his face. He will stop after a few times.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I try to ignore him....not to react....but it doesn't seem to be helping and of course the hubby is no help cuz he does tend to 'react'....GRRR!
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Anyone else??????????
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 16, 2009