is it harder to have a baby whe your not open enoough

because like im not very open and i want to know if its going to be harder

4monthspregnant

Asked by 4monthspregnant at 8:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• what do you mean?
    Anonymous

• Women have been having babies for thousands and thousands of years. Even if you think your not "open", trust me, your body has different ideas about being open when your in labor.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I'm going to take a guess at what you mean here... Usually someones vag isn't exactly OPEN enough to have a baby but thats where dialating comes in once you actually go into labor and if the baby is too big to get out you'll get whats called a episiotomy. I'll give you more info but beware it's a bit uncomfortable sounding but in reality isn't as bad as you think. For an episiotomy the doctor will cut you generally upm and down so that the baby has enough room to pass through, then after the birth you'll get stiches to close the wound. Personally, I had an episiotomy and it was great. I was already in pain because of the labor so I didn't feel any added discomfort from the procedure and the healing was nice and quick because I took care of it well. If thats something you don't want to do, I've heard that squatting during birth helps open you up alot more but it's alot more work to actually squat through the entire labor and pushing experiance.
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 9:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Great answer hannah! I asked my doctor when he was sewing me up after the episiotomy for the "father stitch" And I ended up even tighter than before I had the kid, but you had to be there to see the look on the Doc's face when I asked for that! It was a polariod moment!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Yes he did!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I've also been told, some dr's will give you that extra stitch to help us moms out!! I had my last one without any stitches, but I think mine is ok!! LOL..mine was always a little too tight anyway, so I think it actually helped me!! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jul. 19, 2008