I have Beef Round Roast....How do I cook it??

I know might sound crazy but I really am just starting to learn how to cook. I picked up some Beef Round Roast at the store but I have no idea how to preppare it...My mom said make it in a crock-pot with carrots and potatoes but I DON'T like it that way...Right now I have it marinating...can I do it on the skillet???

bellasmommy09

Asked by bellasmommy09 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Sure you can do it in a skillet if you have one with straight sides. I do roasts in my fried chicken pan all the time. What are you marinating with? Round roasts are very lean and do well with oven roasting. Just put it in a shallow baking pan with some sliced onions, carrots, and quartered potatoes. Heat the oven to 450*f and roast for 20 min, then reduce heat to 350*f and roast for about 45 more min. Check with a meat thermometer. Because of the lean nature, this cut is best served med rare, but is good at med too...any more than that and it will be dry and tough.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 10:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• no it woild be to hard to cook it in a skillet but you can put it in a big pain with water carrots potatoes and so on and make beef stew thats how i cook it and even in the oven
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Well, i do the crock put method also. You can also do it in the oven but mine never gets as tender as in the crock pot. Let me tell you how i do it a lot. I do the roast in the crock put with potatoes. Lots of seasoning because i like lots of flaver. I cook it all day untill it practically falls apart. Then i take it out and the potatoes too. ANd cut it up so it is all chopped up. Then we make tacos with the roast, potatoes and add some cheese. It is so good, and it isn't just plain pot roast
    Anonymous