How do I produce more milk?

I got the flu a couple days ago, and could hardly keep any liquds down... I ended up having barely any milk. My baby won't drink from a bottle and we really don't want to have to give him formula. Any suggestions on revving up my milk supply fast?

Mindy418

Asked by Mindy418 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if youre tired of reading it skip it and move on to the next question. shes just looking for help.

id say tons of fluids, nurse as much as possible, and pump pump pump away.. though you may not produce much (or anything at all) the sucking motion should start to tell your body to produce more milk.. the downside is that it probably will take a couple of days.. good luck, hope you feel better!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 2:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Take Fenugreek, Blessed Thistle and Mothers Milk tea in combination. Also pump often even if nothing is coming out.
    Anonymous

• get all your calories into you...eat eat eat healthy! Also start pumping and storing it, it's supply and demand basically, so you need to get it flowing by pumping, store it, freeze it..just make sure you keep it going so you don't stop producing!
    Anonymous

• There is no way to make it go up Fast! It is slow and I would think for just a couple of days it wouldn't have went down that much. The main thing is just down all the liquids you can. You are prob still a bit dehydrated.
    Other than that maybe look up all the other post that say the same thing!!

Anyone else tired of reading this same question????
    Its is on here like 2-3 times a day.
    Anonymous

• non-alcoholic beer I hear works great but I have never tried it.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Just keep on nursing on demand. If your baby is EBF, and nursing on demand, and you see 4-6 wet diapers daily, your baby is getting enough and your supply is fine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2009