anyone know a good LOW FAT recipe?? (for dinner*)

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/content/0,21770,1553503,00.html

I use a lot of these...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I don't have a specific recipe but to cut fat out of our diets we use ground turkey for everything never burger. The kids love the taste and it's FAR lower in fat. (I cannot eat red meat due to a disease in my colon). If we make tacos, it's with turkey, if we make meatloaf, it's with turkey...you get the picture. We used to eat regular burger before I got sick and the kids like the turkey burger better.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 2:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Skinned boned chicken breasts. Spray the pan with Pam or use no-stick foil. Put the breasts in the pan, sprinkle with seasoned salt. Cover well. Bake for around a half hour or until done. Serve with cooked and fresh vegetables with no oils added. Very little fat. Fruit for dessert or angel food cake.

Answer by Bmat at 2:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i grill chicken breast make homemade salsa with fresh tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, onmion,and jalapeno
    purplemara3

Answer by purplemara3 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• A bag of Southwestern vegetables--like corn, black beans, and other stuff. Microwave for about 4 minutes. Drain a can of black beans and dump in there. Blend up a can of Mexican stewed tomatoes--I add some cumin while it is in the blender (you can use any "mexican" spices)--and add the tomatoes to the veggies/beans. Heat it all up for another 4 to 5 minutes. Serve it on warm whole wheat tortilla shells with a bit of cheese. I wiped this up the other night and my husband really liked it:-))))
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jan. 15, 2009