how do i get my almost 3 month old baby to sleep in her crib?

she rather sleep on your chest. or in a swing. i havent slept in my bed since i was 4 months pregnant wiht her and im still not sleeping in my bed. i sleep in the living room on the couch and its killing my back. i know that im young but sometimes i feel a lot older.

mrs.shyness

Asked by mrs.shyness at 2:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter slept in her crib the first night we put her there. How we got her to do this was when she was first born she slept in a bassinet right next to the bed and as she started getting older we moved the bassinet to the other side of our room. She got used to not being RIGHT next to us at night and then we just put her in her crib. You might want to try putting her in her crib and sleeping next to the crib in a chair and then every few night move farther away until your out of the room and shes used to you not being there. Good luck ! These things take time and a few sleepless nights.
    HeartsNRoses

Answer by HeartsNRoses at 2:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• ooooh mama, went through the same thing- we shared a fouton mattress on the living room floor for 3 months! Then we bought a sleep positioner and set it in the bassinett.. now that's where she sleeps at night and during the day i have her nap in her crib- there a light up mobile in there and i give her a baby washcloth to snuggle with and she does great.. it may take a while but slowly transition her to different places instead of all of a sudden having her sleep in there and maybe thatll help.. good luck!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 2:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Oh no! You poor thing! Take back your life, girl! I don't mean to sound mean or bossy, but my little ones each slept in his own crib from the first day home from the hospital. Of course they love being upright on your chest, but you need your sleep! Being a good mom doesn't mean wearing yourself out like a rag. Start with naps. Put baby in her own crib in her own room with the door closed and then go walk away. Talk on the phone, wash dishes, do some laundry. Don't sit outside the door wringing your hands that she;s crying. It'll make you crazy. There is good book "The No Cry Sleep Solution" that has some good tips and advice.

I think once baby gets used to sleeping on her own (the sooner the better!), your life will improve dramatically. Good luck and be well!
    SexyBexy

Answer by SexyBexy at 2:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i cant put her in her own room. her crib is in my room because im afraid to put her in the room with her older brother. she would have to share a room with him . so he has his own room and she shares a room with me and my husband.
    mrs.shyness

Answer by mrs.shyness at 2:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I had the same problem, It is called security blanket. They feel safe in your arms and they need it go to sleep mostly, even though I young my baby is now 11months and had the same problem. When she was first born had no problem but when she got to that age she needed to sleep with me, so i layed her on my chest and she went to sleep, then i stuck her in her crib. It took awhile for her to stay in there but I got her to stay. It takes alot of patience but it will help.
    sgtbrat

Answer by sgtbrat at 4:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• This is not a "problem". The only problem is that you have chosen to sleep on the couch. Why?
    Go hop in bed and bring your daughter with you.
    Ignore people who say it is "a bad habit" They have nothing to base this opinion on. Smoking is a bad habit. Getting comfort from being close to your mommy at night as an infant, or even toddler is NOT a bad habit.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 4:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• If you put her in her crib, you'll be back here in two weeks saying "HELP!! She's waking up every two hours to eat!! How can I get her to sleep through the night?!?!"
    Why not do what is best for your baby from the getgo?
    If you want sleep, co-sleeping is the most effective and gentle way for the entire family to get the sleep they need..
    If you ask how to get her to sleep through the night, you'll get dangerous advice such as CIO - is that really why you became a mother? To ignore your instincts and have her scream herself to sleep just so you can get more sleep and not have to have her close to you to do so?
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 4:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I agree with Liyoness 100%
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 6:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2009