• In the Spotlight:

Eating so fast he can't breath?

So I've noticed the last couple of mornings that while my son is eating breakfast, he starts making that "trying to get a good breath in" noise. It sounds like he is eating so fast that he isn't actually stopping to take a breath. Anyone encountered this before with their 3yo?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No I haven't but maybe to help him stop doing that you could get him his own little digital clock that you put at the table when he is eating. Say when you serve him it's 7:00, tell him that when the clock has the numbers 7:15 on it he can be all done but that's a lot of time so he needs to eat slow. I don't know his concept of time but this may work, I've been using the clock to hurry my kids eating up since they were 4 and it worked wonders. Good luck.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 2:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my almost 2 yrs old does this.... he also lost the concept of a bite... he is constantly trying to stick the whole thing of w.e in his mouth to get more... scares the crap out of me

with his juice cup he chokes because he wont stop drinking to breathe....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2009