Illegal Immigrant Makes Deal to Sell Teenage Daughter for Cash, Beer, Soda, Wine & Meat. Is this how you better your life in America?

”(CNN) -- A California man sold his 14-year-old daughter to an 18-year-old man for cash, beer and meat -- then called police when the prospective bridegroom didn't live up to his end of the deal, authorities said Tuesday.”
“Marcelino de Jesus Martinez, 36, of Greenfield, California, was arrested Monday and booked into the Monterey County Jail, Greenfield police said in a statement. He faces felony charges of receiving money for causing a person to cohabitate, police said.”

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=257893

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am just shocked that he t hought it was appropriate to sell his daughter for those items. It's inappropriate at all that he'd even think of selling his daughter. I think this man is scum for his actions not because of his race or legal status.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 4:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• You can't possibly be trying to insinuate that ALL illegal immigrants act like this.

Can you?
    Anonymous

• I read that article and it never said he was an illeagal immigrant.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Oh but she can....^^

You know things like this were not uncommon at all when the English settled here. Some brides were given and the father received a nice steer or some goats....
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• sorry those arrows are to Anon at 2:43 not Marwill...sorry....she obviously has a better clicker finger than me LOL
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• so he arrange a marriage in exchange for a dowry?. yes it's illegal no I don't agree with it. but that is common in some cultures and has being done here in the states. it onlyy bothers you cause he is mexican
    Anonymous

• I know quite a few illegal immigrants. They would NEVER do something like that.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• It's sick. Oh and don't forget the woman who is selling her virginity and 10,000 guys are willing to pay over a million for it.
    Anonymous

• Americans do horrible awful things everyday....so what are you trying to say?
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• That's the word dowry LOL...yeah maybe the dudes dad owned a grocery store and not a farm LOL
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009