Is there a way to self induce going into labor?

Im asking because, my Mom and MIL have been trying to figure when to get thier plane tickets for the birth to come and help out with our 3 year old and what not. I would rather not plan an inducement, so is there a way to make myself induce and go into labor on my own, when my parents are here??? Maybe Im being silly, but it would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my friend always plays hard with her nipples... Like twist them and pull on them... thats helped her 5 times lol
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 2:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• ouch! really!
    Anonymous

• castoral oil!!!!!!! it worked with 3 of my friends and sex!! there is a massage you can get to that is what I am going to try with this pregnancy when it is time!!!!
    proudmama9128

Answer by proudmama9128 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Oh also you can use your breast pump if you have on and start pumping your boobs it makes your milk come faster and makes you start contracting
    proudmama9128

Answer by proudmama9128 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I'm giving you a tried and true way it won't hurt the baby, you will be miserable for alittle bit but trust me it does work! Go get bottle of caster oil and orange juice and take three tablespoons and mix into a glass drink it all at one. Wait few hours then you will be pooping like a goose but something about the pushing makes you go into labor. I did that with both my kids it works! My grandmother told me thats how they did school and it did work.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 2:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• SEX
    JTLMOMMY

Answer by JTLMOMMY at 3:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• You can have sex, the sperm soften the cervix and the orgasm helps stimulate contractions. You can also talk to your doctor about stripping/stirring your membranes. I had this done on December 2 and had my little boy December 3. Walking helps too. Castor Oil causes cramps and bowl movements, don't go that direction, it's not safe. Sometimes it does cause contractions, but it doesn't cause you to dialate so you are in pain for no reason.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 3:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Sex and Walking. Nothing will work unless your body is ready. Blue Cohosh has been known to work (herb, in liquid form). Castor Oil is gross and dangerous. It can easily cause the baby to pass menconium.

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Where can you find the blue cohosh herb. That one sounds good. Im all about the herbs! Please let me know.
    Anonymous