Sorry if Tmi

I had just gave birth to my son dec 8th and now on my first period since I gave birth. Today is the 6th day. I usally last 7 days and I can till when its about to be over because
it'll get lighter. Now my cycle is heavier and I have blood clots and it doesn't look like im going to be off anytime time soon. Are there any one who has gone through or going through this?

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 3:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Health

• well i bled for a whole month after having my kids. its called post partum bleeding. is this your first child? its normal... usually you'll stop bleeding after 4 or 6 weeks .. . if you didnt bleed right after giving birth for a few days then im puzzled .
    Bebe510

Answer by Bebe510 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I would think it's a little early for a period. I agree with the first poster- that you can bleed for 4 to 6 weeks after giving birth. It's only a month and a week since you gave birth. Did you recently become more active? I know if I started to do more physical activity in the weeks after my baby was born- my bleeding would suddenly get heavier. If I took it easy, it would subside. The body takes longer to heal than you realize after you give birth- even if you are feeling great- your body is still healing!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I had the post partum bleeding, but now Im on my period and I never had a period like this before. this is my 4th baby
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 3:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• It sounds to me like you have overexerted yourself. I cannot imagine how, with 4 kids. LOL. You need to take it easy and see if the bleeding stops! You are doing too much. I agree with Greenbean. You are still healing. Just as every pregnancy is different, so is the healing. Good luck and congratulations.
    haroldswife

Answer by haroldswife at 4:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Remember too that the first postpartum period is never a "normal" period, and you can't expect it to act like yours "always" do. But, if you have some concerns, it doesn't cost anything to call the doctor's office to ask their advice.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I also bled a for a while after having my son. I had the bleeding after I came home from the hospital...but then I bled for a month or 2 like weirdly. My doctor said that my body had to get back to normal again. However, I agree with the other moms...if you don't feel comfortable...it doesn't cost anything to ask the doctor's office about what's going on. My doctor was more than helpful, and I think I bothered the hell out of him, LOL!
    Blessed0807

Answer by Blessed0807 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2009