When babies have exzema, are exzema scars light or dark?

I'm having a hard time finding anyone who's baby ever experienced light marks on his/her face. I've been told that its exzema but why is it that every time I see a picture of a baby with exzema,his/ her marks are darker than the color of his/her skin. My son is brown skinned and his marks are a lighter complextion than what he is. would that still be exzema that hes experiencing???

DecemberMom1209

Asked by DecemberMom1209 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have eczema and have all my life. I'm very light complected and mine looks like red to pink splotches. Each persons can be different, but you should see a doctor and have him diagnosed. No one but your doctor can accurately diagnose eczema. There are so many types with different effects. Don't believe all the blessed people who insists they know how to diagnose these kinds of things. They aren't degree carrying doctors. If it is eczema there are many things to help with it, but without proper treatment your child can develop life long scars from scratching. On a posistive note, most children who do have childhood eczema grow out of it by the time they are two.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 3:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2009